SEASONAL PROJECTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO PARTICIPATE
Summer Lunch For Kids
Children who receive government sponsored free lunch during the school year cannot always find transportation to the free lunch programs during the summer break. So, volunteers package lunch for each client's child and distribute to families when they visit the food pantry. Lunch items, bags and bagging help are always needed.
Summer Lunch Ideas
Back To School Clothing Drive
Volunteers collect school clothing and shoes, all summer long throughout the Milford and Highland areas. Some community members have shoe drives or donate to purchase items that need to be new such as underwear. This project helps us offer a free shopping day for kids prior to the beginning of school.
Shop for toys, games and other items for children between the ages of newborn to 18 years old. Gifts can be from $10 to $50 each. Deliver unwrapped gift(s) to Community Sharing during the month of November. Clients will then be able to select & wrap gifts for their children during December. This is a "feel good" project for all involved.
Joy of Giving Gift Ideas
There are many community opportunities to participate in seasonal projects too.
Watch for them on our Facebook page.
- Designate Community Sharing as your Kroger Community Reward.
- Watch for special times when Meijer offers the "Simply Give" program.
- Donate when "Bringing Hope to the Table" is conducting a drive at Milford Kroger.
- Walk with us at the "Crop Hunger Walk" in October.
- "Stamp Out Hunger" by leaving non-expired, non-perishable food at your mailbox the second Saturday in May.