How to Determine Your Eligibility
Assistance is available to eligible residents in the Huron Valley School District. Requirements for eligibility include meeting the maximum income guidelines below.
What You Need to Register
You must call Community Sharing at 248-889-0347 to make an appointment. Please call Monday thru Thursday 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and bring the following items to your appointment:
- Drivers license or Michigan ID.
- Proof of residency (such as rent history, utility bills, current lot payment receipt or other approved documents).
- Birth certificate for each family member requesting assistance. Social Security card is acceptable if birth certificate is not available.
- Income documentation for each family/household member 18 years or older: pay stubs, Social Security statement, DHS grant letter, unemployment record, child support certificate or income tax return.
- Pertinent eviction or shut-off notice if requesting financial assistance. Bring any relevant documentation pertaining to the emergency situation.
Community Sharing makes certain that teachers, social workers and counselors in the Huron Valley School District (HVSD) are familiar with our support services. This information can then be shared with a child's parent(s) and together they may identify ways we can help.
Summer Lunch Program
Community Sharing may provide lunch for your child(ren) while on summer break. Watch for Facebook posting and flyers at the office as summer approaches.
Back To School Clothing
Community Sharing has a "Back To School" clothes shopping day for children. Volunteers collect gently used, clean and appropriate school-type clothing and shoes just for this event. Watch for Facebook posting and flyers at the office during the summer months.
Provided through Donations
canned vegetables & fruits
cooking & baking ingredients
men's & women's clothing
coats, boots, hats & gloves
Emergency Financial Assistance
other assistance as needed
tutoring in core subjects K-12
adults preparing for GED
Distribution Site for Area Agencies
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
TEFAP is a program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture which provides additional food for Community Sharing clients on a quarterly basis. To learn more about this program click here.