Community Sharing offers a wide range of assistance. Our goal is to provide assistance to those in need, while also developing life skills to help empower those who need assistance.
Current services include:
- Food/Pet Food - Available once a month and in
- Clothing - Available during open hours
- Emergency financial assistance - This includes evictions, utility
shut off and other emergencies.
- Case Management- Needs assessment,
advocacy, networking with and referrals to other agencies for optimum
assistance for clients.
- Educational Assistance - Tutoring in core subjects (K-12),
assistance for adults preparing for GED testing. Tutoring is available
for all Huron Valley Schools students who participate in the Federal Lunch
Program. You do not need to be a client.
- Focus Hope -
Monthly food distribution site for those over 60 and under 6.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program - TEFAP distribution site providing
extra food to clients quarterly.
- The Heating and Warmth Fund (THAW) - We are an authorized agent for this
independent non-profit (501(c)(3) agency that provides
low-income individuals and families in Michigan with emergency energy
- Department of
Human Services (DHS)- Registration
site for seniors (over 60) through MICAFE for state assistance with food,
medical bills, Medicare premiums and more.
- Gleaners Mobile
Food Pantry - Distribution
site in conjunction with Huron Valley Schools providing assistance to kids
enrolled in the Federal Lunch Program.
Classes - Classes held
regularly to help clients manage finances and improve, establish or
re-establish good credit.
Counseling - Offering
one-on-one counseling and assistance for clients to help them find steady